Flexible, comprehensive, proven
the only reading program you’ll need
Phonetic Reading with Silent Elephant “e” is the only curriculum needed to guide an ELL, a struggling, or a dyslexic nonreader to become a fluent, comprehending reader of any genre. Hearts will sing!
The phonetic reading program is composed of:
- 14 spiral bound books
- 44 classroom posters and a picture book
- Over 100 instructional videos
- Phonemic awareness and phonics assessments providing thorough directions for administration and ongoing evaluation of student performance—your assessments to guide your teaching
The program is laid out in multiple parts:
- Part 1: Phonemic Awareness—the foundation of reading
- Students manipulate phonemes by moving colored squares on game boards in 47 multi-sensory lessons.
- The most often missing skill in nonreaders is the ability to connect sight to sounds. It is the most important first step for ALL learners but especially dyslexics.
- Parts 2 – 14: Phonics rules are taught in a precisely organized, systematic, progressive sequence
- Abstract phonics rules become clearly conceptual and comprehensible in lessons using colorful, visual, kinesthetic, concrete methods utilizing the five senses and whole body.
- ALL children, especially dyslexics, need this personal whole body interaction with phonics rules to understand the relationship of a phonics rule to its application.
The step-by-step “cookbook” style directions are easily followed.
- Three levels of complexity provide differentiation to meet the needs of all children.
- Every lesson has Partner Practice pages and an At Home Practice page providing essential home-school communication.
Click on Program and Table of Contents to see a detailed breakdown of the contents of each Part of Phonetic Reading with Silent Elephant “e."