have fun teaching phonemic awareness and phonics the way they learn
Educators who use Silent Elephant “e” will be excited to find that the program works for ALL learners, regardless of reading, writing and spelling ability. Silent Elephant “e” is easy to use in a whole classroom setting, in a small group setting and in a one-on-one setting. The program uses explicit instruction in phonemic awareness followed by precise, systematic, multi-sensory instruction in phonics.
What I would have given, as a first year teacher, to have had Phonetic Reading with Silent Elephant “e” as my phonemic awareness and phonetic reading program! I would have felt competent to meet the needs of ALL of my students because Silent Elephant “e” teaches children the way they learn.
Silent Elephant “e” is the precise, sequential, language based reading program that ensures ALL children develop automaticity and fluency by the end of second grade. It is the program for any ELL, struggling, or dyslexic learner of any age.
Using Silent Elephant “e”, you will know where ALL of your students truly are:
- Begin the school year by assessing each student using the provided phonemic awareness and phonics assessments
- As the year progresses, use ongoing assessments to give you essential information to evaluate student performance and guide your planning to meet the needs of each student.
You will have at your fingertips:
- All the assessments you need
- Detailed, comprehensive lesson plans
- Three levels of complexity within each lesson to meet the needs of struggling, ELL, or dyslexic readers to gifted readers
- Partner Practice pages to ensure success
- Controlled reading and spelling vocabulary word lists
- Controlled vocabulary sentences
- Comprehension activities
- Enrichment activities.
- An At Home Practice page for essential home-school communication
When your students complete Level 3, Part 14, they will be skilled readers with the tools to read any word in any genre.